Park assist sensors.

I have the park assist sensors on my Silverado, I just installed an N-Fab light bar mount, the one that bolts up to the tow hooks, it looks great and it will do what I want it to perfectly, however, the 2 inside sensors pickup the bar and make it beep. I can turn off the park assist function once the truck is started but when you shut it off and then restart they are enabled again, This is going to be a pain in the a##. Is there a way to disable these sensors completely or even unplugging them??? Something, you would think that they could have made this an option to disable/enable like the auto adjusting mirrors or forward collision system.

As far as unplugging the front sensors goes, when I brought my truck home the front parking assist kept showing an error and it also affected the rear. Took it right back to dealer and it turned out that the front sensors were not plugged in. Drive me nuts...

So, is there any way to mount the offending sensors in or on the front of the bar? There's someone on here that did this with an extension cable, I think...

On previous years you could disable the system. May or may not work on the new body style though.

Subject: Removing / Disabling Rear Park Assist RPO UD7 999999995.gif Models: 2007-2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500 2007-2013 GMC Sierra 2014 GMC Sierra 2500/3500 with Rear Park Assist (RPO UD7)

This PI was superseded to update model years. Please discard PIT5039B.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern

Some customers / upfitters may remove the rear bumper, install a different rear bumper, or add a different box/flat bed/cube box/hitch, etc. to the rear of the truck, which affects the rear park assist operation.

Recommendation/Instructions

In these cases, the rear park assist option can be removed from the vehicle. Follow the instructions below for the model year of the vehicle involved:

1) On all model years, disable the Park Assist Module (Note: In most cases, removing the OBS DET fuse 20 (10 amp) from the Left I/P fuse block will work).

2.a) For 2007-2009 models, contact Techline Customer Support Center (TCSC: 800-828-6860) to obtain an IPC calibration to disable the option.

2.b) For 2010-2014 models, remove power to the IPC for several minutes and then reconnect (disconnecting the battery will work). When power is reconnected the IPC will not see the Park Assist Module on the low speed data buss (because it was disabled in Step 1), thus reconfiguring the IPC without Park Assist. After this is complete there will be no Park Assist Warning Messages displayed.

The fuse called out is different in the new design trucks. Right IP fuse box. fuse F27DR,. But, it will also takeout the front camera ( lane departure?) Might be worth a try.

• 4 months later...

I had the same issue

267f64158592edaaf4c4500a8d581728.jpg

I thought that would fix it but now it pulses it every once and a while

I think it has something to do with the siren magnets driving it nuts cause it works fine without them on there

FYI I had to cut the wires and extend them to do this

Edited by mkeddie

• 8 years later...