2K1 Burb - front to rear seat shuffle

Just picked up a 2001 Regency suburban for the wife to use ferrying around our grand kids.

It has the 4 captain's chair layout and like every leather GM truck of the era, the driver's seat is a little worn ... OK ... a lot.

I had an early 80s GMC van with 4 captains and when the driver's seat began to show wear, I pulled the seat off the base of the front and rear left side and swapped cuase the left side rear had almost zero wear.

Other than the heating element and lumbar, is there any reason why I couldn't do the same thing on the Burb?

they are close but not the same, you can order new seat skins online and save the headache... or put a leopard print stretchy seat cover over it, that would be cool in the ol' shaggin' wagon.....

The seatbelts are integrated into the seats. If you swapped them, they'd be in the wrong position.

The seat controls would also now be inboard, and very difficult, or even impossible, to operate.

Besides that, I don't think the mounting points are identical - I think they're mirror images of each other.

If it really bothers you, try to find a used seat from an auto parts store or junkyard.

The seatbelts are integrated into the seats. If you swapped them, they'd be in the wrong position.

The seat controls would also now be inboard, and very difficult, or even impossible, to operate.

Besides that, I don't think the mounting points are identical - I think they're mirror images of each other.

If it really bothers you, try to find a used seat from an auto parts store or junkyard.

Not swapping side to side rather front to rear.

Not swapping side to side rather front to rear.

Wow. Seriously? I guess I misread the OP because I couldn't fathom a front/middle swap.

Where to start.....

Fronts have integrated belts. Middle seats don't.

Fronts are adjustable for travel. Middles aren't.

Fronts recline. Middles don't.

Fronts aren't jump seats. Middles fold down and tumble forward.

I can guarantee the mounting points are completely different (in part, because of the seatbelt thing)

Should I keep going?

Wow. Seriously? I guess I misread the OP because I couldn't fathom a front/middle swap.

Where to start.....

Fronts have integrated belts. Middle seats don't.

Fronts are adjustable for travel. Middles aren't.

Fronts recline. Middles don't.

Fronts aren't jump seats. Middles fold down and tumble forward.

I can guarantee the mounting points are completely different (in part, because of the seatbelt thing)

Should I keep going?

Please keep going ...

Archived