2015+ Silverado 2500HD Leveling + Tires

Hey guys. New to the forum and i have been searching for days about leveling kits and tires threw many different forums.

First things first there are a ton of different ideas or ways to go. And everyone has there own opinion. Im just looking for a good direction.

I have ordered a new truck and waiting for delivery. I am looking to put on new wheels and tires.

The wheels I am currently looking to put on are the XD Rockstars 2 20x9 machined with satin black accents. and i was told i should put BFG A/T KO2 285/65/20. That set up with a 2.5 Pro comp leveling kit.

Upon searching i havnt seen anyone with that set up and was trying to see if anyone had somthing close. Im trying to get a set up that doesnt rub or that requires very minimal cutting.

also the Rockstar 2 only have a -12 offset or a +18 offset and didnt know which one would be better. I dont know what the stock offset rims are.

The last thing besides rubbing im worried about is the UCA gap being too small and ball joint angles and CV angles. I cant seem to find an answer on other topics so im starting a new one.

Thanks for all of your help guys i really appreciate it.

In order to go up 2 1/2in. and do it right is going to require double shock spacers, front diff spacers, upper control arms, pitman and idler supports, torsion bar keys, steering stabilizer, etc.

You can go cheap and crank the bars all the way up but the shocks will bottom out as will the upper control arms on the frame stops.

You can install aftermarket torsion bar keys and shock extenders but again the upper control arms will contact the frame stops.

I can keek going but you get the point, no company makes the perfect leveling kit, you must piece everything together to make one solid setup. Even Cognito (the best) is missing front diff spacers, stabilizer bar, and decent ball joints. All can be adder to make a good kit.

But when the rear is 3in. taller the the front you are going to want to crank it 2 1/2in. to pull the rake out of it.

Pro Comp keys offer nothing over any other lift keys, a lift key is a lift key.

You are going to be very unhappy after installing keys and shock spacers, been there as have everyone else, you need a Cognito kit plus a few other parts, you only have to do it once, why half ass?

That tire size is 34.5"X11.5" according to BFG site. With that tire size you will need the +18 offset wheel.

You can go halfway level with just keys and shock extenders but you will still have a 2" rake. Like stated above you will need a lot more parts for a true level. If you decide on just keys and shock spacers and have someone do it for you they will probably over crank the TB's

20x10 BMF's with -19mm offset and 33 inch toyo MT's, I know of quite a few 11'+ 2500's with keys and extenders with well over 100k on original front end parts that's why I'm not worried about just installing keys. That just my opinon though, everyone has their own about it

20x10 BMF's with -19mm offset and 33 inch toyo MT's, I know of quite a few 11'+ 2500's with keys and extenders with well over 100k on original front end parts that's why I'm not worried about just installing keys. That just my opinon though, everyone has their own about it

Are you rubbing? What did u have to do to fit that? ....... and do u think the 20x9 rockstar 2 will fit with the 285/65/20 will fit with minimal fixing ? And would you be able to explain to me the offsets what is the difference between a -19 and a +18 ?

Yes I am rubbing but It is because I have 20x10's, I'm not 100 percent sure but you should not rub with 20x9's especially with 285's as they are a little smaller then actuall 33's... The extra width is what makes it rub, I'm rubbing pretty good on my fender which I will have to trim and the air dam which I already trimmed. Negative offset means the farther it sticks out and positive means the wheel is going to be farther tucked into the truck.

Yes I am rubbing but It is because I have 20x10's, I'm not 100 percent sure but you should not rub with 20x9's especially with 285's as they are a little smaller then actuall 33's... The extra width is what makes it rub, I'm rubbing pretty good on my fender which I will have to trim and the air dam which I already trimmed. Negative offset means the farther it sticks out and positive means the wheel is going to be farther tucked into the truck.

I think the 285 65 20 are 34.5 by 11.2

I think the 285 65 20 are 34.5 by 11.2

Not sure, I'll have do some searching I was always under the impression that 285's were 32.5.. Anyone else have any knowledge of this?

Either way you should be good, again the width is mainly what will cause rubbing from what I've seen

Not sure, I'll have do some searching I was always under the impression that 285's were 32.5.. Anyone else have any knowledge of this?

Either way you should be good, again the width is mainly what will cause rubbing from what I've seen

285/65R20 is 34.6 tall

285/60R20 is 33.5

285/55R20 is 32.3

275/60R20 is 33

275/55R20 is 31.9

265/65R20 is 33.6

265/60R20 is 32.5

265/50R20 is 31.5

Archived