What headlights should I get

Well I'd like to to get new headlights bulbs. Getting tired of the output of these things. My plan was to get the gtr led lights but apparently they dont work with the drl's. So can someone point me in the right direction. I was also looking at the morimoto kit. Help would be appreciated.

People has reported the LMZ and the OPT7 LEDs work with DRL no issues. The LMZ will need to modify the dust cap as it is longer, but the output of the LMZ is better than the OPT7. LMZ also comes at a premium price.

if you are going for HID, make sure you know how relays, capacitors work and why it is needed for our truck with PWM

OPT7 seems to have pretty good success rate of all I have seen so far. Not the best output, but a safe bet of all.

Morimoto suppose to be the premium HID kit, but dangerdick has them failed a couple of times already and replaced under warranty. Such as fuse blown and also the ballast going out.

I have DDM kit, one side of the ballast went out within a few days, possibly because I didnt have a capacitor at the time and PWM killed it. After that was replaced and capacitor installed, they have been working for months now.

I have the DDM kit in mine and they have been flawless for almost a year.

Yeah, like cyclone said, they are ok once they are able to withstand the first couple of weeks, then they will be fine.

I personally seen the difference between DDM 55w vs morimoto 5five or whatever they called it. Morimoto is only ever so slightly brighter if you actually compared it side by side. Price does not justify the difference is what I am getting at.

I have the DDM kit in mine and they have been flawless for almost a year.

Do you have a link to the ones you got? I see they have a few different kits.

Im assuming you got the 9006? Did you get the single or double relay and what error eliminater.

Should be 9012 i think, mike1220 gave me his spare set, so I do not know what it is exactly. But 9006 will be able to fit easier if you trim the tabs to be like 9012 ones, but my other kit that was 9006 fits just fine.

I bought the BOW3 but with the 55w kit you don't need to install them. They will just blow up. The BOW3 error eliminator and the 4700uF Capacitors are basically the same thing except BOW3 are plug and play and the 4700uF Capacitors will need to be wired in place.

Archived