GM tire/wheel balancing to check for vibration

Normally checking the tires is the first step in diagnosing a vibration problem. They road forced our tires twice during the process and brought it to a nearby dealership with a newer machine to make sure it was done 120% right. Didn't fix the problem, but at least they tried!!

The re-balance of my tires took care of most of my vibration problems but they had to put alot of weight on 2 of the tires. Even had to double stack one of the weights.

The re-balance of my tires took care of most of my vibration problems but they had to put alot of weight on 2 of the tires. Even had to double stack one of the weights.

They put tons of weights on our beautiful black rally 22s. You could see them all when looking at the truck. Pissed my husband the h**l off. It looked terrible. Didn't fix the issue and when they rebalanced them they took some off and moved them around so there's a bunch of residue now. It's odd that putting a bunch of weights on fixes the problem.

The weights are noticeable but not as bad as on my silver wheels as they would be on black rims. My truck did sit on the lot for 9 months before I bought it so I am sure that was not good for the tires with possible flat spotting. The thing is my truck is fairly smooth now at 70 to 80 mph but I still get the occasional vibration at those speeds, sometimes quite severe. That tells me it is something in the powertrain causing it. I am rarely on the interstate, maybe once every couple of months but last week I drove for 15 miles at 75 mph and everything was fine.

Archived