2006 Tahoe Z71 Shock absorber

Dear all

your advise is needed .... what is the best front shock absorber for 2006 tahoe Z71 in the market ... road drive but heavy duty. (no mater the price is ).

thanks all ,,,

• 4 years later...

Holy thread-bump Batman!

Looking to upgrade our '06 Tahoe Z71 shocks front and rear. I think I've narrowed it down to Bilstein 4600, Bilstein 5100, and Fox 2.0 but have a few questions. PLEASE TAKE THE COST AND COST/BENEFIT SIDE OF A PURCHASE OUT OF THIS DECISION!

1. Substantially a city/highway on-road vehicle. Looking for a smooth, controlled, comfortable feel going over bad roads/potholes/speedbumps, etc without jumping all over the place. 

2. No lift, only aftermarket change will soon be a ranchhand rear bumper replacement.

3. Do the 5100's have any different feel than the 4600's on the road in normal driving conditions? I get On-Road/no lift=4600 and Off-road/lift = 5100 but I'm looking for more detailed information. Will there be any difference in feel between the two?

4. Fox 2.0, I get mostly recommended for off-roading. How will these feel on-road for my purposes vs the 5100's or 4600's?

I think there's a lot recommendations (and for good reason) to say "no lift, or no off-road" just go with 4600 = best bang for your buck. But that's not what I'm asking. I'm also not looking for "if price is no difference then go with Fox!" because that defeats what I'm looking for too. 

So what will feel the best going over crappy street filled with pot holes? Thanks everybody!