lets brainstorm

with the upcoming hunting season...i was thinking of a way to store a shotgun on the underside of the flipped up rear seat...in the up position. theres options to store guns in the underseat storage bins...im not talking about that and i think most of the seat back ones look cheap. im looking for a better option to prevent throwing said shotgun on the floor in the cab where i can better use that space for other hunting gear.

my initial thought was the velcro put a lot of wear on the seat if i keep pulling it off. i started to think making loops with the velco i can slide the shotgun into. those brackets look good too

with the upcoming hunting season...i was thinking of a way to store a shotgun on the underside of the flipped up rear seat...in the up position. theres options to store guns in the underseat storage bins...im not talking about that and i think most of the seat back ones look cheap. im looking for a better option to prevent throwing said shotgun on the floor in the cab where i can better use that space for other hunting gear.

My seat won't stay folded up thru a hard stop. If a 8lb 12 ga pump was hanging on it, I would expect it to slam down hard. Besides, I have a strong aversion to any visual display of guns in my truck. I've had a few broken windows over the years. It only takes a few seconds.

I have been thinking of making an elevated platform to fill the back of my crew cab with the seat folded up for the dogs. It'll double the area for them and prevent them from sliding/falling off the rear seat during hard braking. But the seat will have to be restrained in the up position with a tie down.

hard braking ?....im not driving that hard to begin with...i keep the rear set up most of the time and ive never had an issue with it falling down. as far as ur thoughts on the guns being visible...i agree totally. this idea is purely to and from the hunting spot so the guns wouldnt be left alone anyway. lm gonna start playing around with velco straps and test fit some stuff this week and post some pictures up.

Archived