OBD II Port Fuse location (Stabilitrak disabled also) [Solved]

Anyone know the location of the fuse for the OBD II Port?

I looked through the owners manual and found "25 Data Link Connector/ Driver Seat Module" on the driver side and going to check that when i get a chance (didn't have anything to help pry that panel off - its on there pretty tight).

My stabilitrak currently doesn't work after I lost power to the OBD II port so I'm hoping nothing major happened. Older models were on the cigarette lighter I believe but I still have power there so looks like it moved on the K2xx trucks. I'm hoping its just a blown fuse and found a way to disable stabiltrak if needed in the future.

Edited by ic3man5

Mind pinpointing the exact location for the fuse?

Please enlighten me. So, is the port itself powered somehow by a separate circuit? Do you happen to know why it's done in such a way?

Please enlighten me. So, is the port itself powered somehow by a separate circuit? Do you happen to know why it's done in such a way?

The OBDII port has its own fuse now that is shared with the driver seat module, I'm guessing when that module goes into a fault mode and or no power the stabilitrak module freaks out also. I have no clue what the driver seat module does or where its located.

It isn't obvious that stabilitrak doesn't work until it actually tries to activate it displays a service stabilitrak message, turns traction control back on (Which doesn't work besides the RPM launch control), and doesn't actually activate either of the two systems. I was doing AWD donuts in the snow like this.

• 3 years later...
Need to find blown fuse obd2 port 02 Chevy Silverado 4wd 5.3 v8 engine thanks.

Does the cigarette lighter work? For some reason I remember someone telling me that the OBD2 and 12v socket are the same fuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Confused 1

• 2 years later...
On 3/3/2016 at 9:32 PM, ic3man5 said:

okay just replaced the fuse and fixed both issues. Looks like pulling this fuse will disable stabilitrak because its working now.

Sorry if I missed it so which fuse did it end up being you pulled was it the one that's on the driver side fuse box on the left side of the dash or was the one under the hood?