Any Colorado diesel owners

Aaaaaaaaaaaand I just realized you are asking about the Chevrolet Colorado diesel powered truck and not Colorado diesel truck owners.. ha. I have a Silverado Duramax and live in Colo.

Edited by Colossus

Yea sure enough. What's your thoughts on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had it for about 50 miles...so not too much to report. Its expensive...the dealers do not want to go down anything yet. Few things that I have noticed so far is there is a bit of turbo lag that is noticeable, but I am coming from a tuned 6.4L powerstroke so that was to be expected. So far averaging upper 20s MPG so that's good!! I will report more as I get some more miles on it. Absolutely love the sound of the little diesel though. It's awesome!

I was wondering how it would compare to a full size truck. Milage may be good but not sure I can downsize. Gotta have a tax write off and hate to trade in truck I got paid for. Sometimes I feel like a woman can't make a decision. Buying a truck is tuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It was hard for me to let go of my full sized truck. Especially since they want so much money for the smaller truck compared to what I had. So far I am liking it as I have drove it to work every day since I have owned it. I would usually not take my full size due to the crappy gas mileage and just a general annoyingness of driving a 1 ton crew cab everywhere. I am still getting over the sticker shock somewhat though as dealers want a premium for any truck that has a green fuel cap. I am still debating if I made the correct decision to go from a full sized truck to this one.

• 4 months later...

I have a Z71 4X4 Crew Cab. I bought it in July and have put about 2500 miles on it. I am very pleased with it so far, we took a trip a couple of weeks ago and averaged 31.5 mpg round trip and a one way average of 33.5mpg. Not bad when it is rated at 29mpg, I am averaging 28.4mpg overall. It does have a little bit of lag but will break the wheels loose after it kicks in. I do think they are a bit overpriced but I plan on keeping it for a long time. I still drive my 05 colorado daily and it has 315k on it and still doesn't use any oil between changes at 5k.

• Like 2

I have a Z71 4X4 Crew Cab. I bought it in July and have put about 2500 miles on it. I am very pleased with it so far, we took a trip a couple of weeks ago and averaged 31.5 mpg round trip and a one way average of 33.5mpg. Not bad when it is rated at 29mpg, I am averaging 28.4mpg overall. It does have a little bit of lag but will break the wheels loose after it kicks in. I do think they are a bit overpriced but I plan on keeping it for a long time. I still drive my 05 colorado daily and it has 315k on it and still doesn't use any oil between changes at 5k.

Sounds like some great numbers. Any pictures of it? And 315k on an 05? Impressive!

• 2 weeks later...

That would be realistic mpg. The 2.8L VM diesel (base motor for the 2.8L Dmax) in a 4500# 2006 Jeep Liberty I had was similar. EPA highway was 27 and I could consistently get 32-33 mpg on road trips. Driven right, these little diesels can really be fuel misers.

Edited by Cowpie