Full Lock's 2004 Avalanche Z71 (beater)

Full Lock

Alignment time!

DCDEC850-B03E-46E8-B518-79BA96ECF5BD_zps

But bad news.... Caster bolts are locked up. Gonna have to either try and get them loose or cut them out and replace the upper control arms. The guy did what he could and now atleast the truck tracks pretty strait.

Edited by Full Lock
  • Like 1

You're brave!

It isnt difficult, it is just a pain in the ass. I was smart enough to have them do it when i had the engine swapped
  • Like 2

Like Chris said, I heard they are a pain in the ass to install. Haha!

They are just in a shitty spot with the trans in the truck. No room to work with it and get leverage
  • Like 2

Ah well I'm going to give it a whirl and if it's too much of a PITA I'll just wait till I pull the trans to replace the rear main seal & rms retainer seal and install it then. Don't think it'll be too bad with the trans in the truck though.... Hopefully. I'll definitely let ya know how it goes

Edited by Full Lock
  • Like 1

Alignment time!

DCDEC850-B03E-46E8-B518-79BA96ECF5BD_zps

But bad news.... Caster bolts are locked up. Gonna have to either try and get them loose or cut them out and replace the upper control arms. The guy did what he could and now atleast the truck tracks pretty strait.

Sounds like a good excuse to get some aftermarket UCA's and shocks to compensate for the leveling kit!

• Like 1

Sounds like a good excuse to get some aftermarket UCA's and shocks to compensate for the leveling kit!

I have been kicking around getting a set of fox 2.0's w/resi's since my shocks have seen better days.

I do still have a couple more maintance items to take care of first.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...