Need help - 2014 SLT to 2016 SLT LED Headlight install

I sourced the headlights and got a harness from Gen5DIY and finally got the time to knock it out. Got the front end off and running the new harness and got to my fuse box, per Gen5's website it says to put an add-a-fuse in slot 26, where there should not currently be a fuse. I stick it in and it feels loose, look around and there are no pins in that slot to hold or even power up the new fuse. Just for the hell of it I pulled another fuse and stuck the add-a-fuse in its slot and it felt firm and stayed in place, so I am not losing my mind. BUT when I stick the add-a-fuse in the other slot for testing it immediately turns on the LED running light. So if I have to find another location I guess its needs to be a 15 and something that isnt powered on until after the key is on. Any suggestions?

I have sent an email to Gen5DIY asking for assistance, but that was only a few minutes ago and they are closed. I was hoping someone here could help me out so I can get the truck back together with the new lights instead of having to revert back to the old until I know what else to do.

Upon further testing, I stuck the add-a-fuse into another 15 just to try stuff out. I LED DRL's come on when they are supposed to but the LED High/low beam wont come on at all.

Other than the hood being up and the add-a-fuse not being in the slot specified, I dont know why they are not working.

Called them today, was told to use location #50, which is O2 SNSR A 15A. Far as I can tell everything is now working.

They said the harness was made using a 2015 SLT, and that the instructions on their site were supposed to include alternate locations for the add-a-fuse. He wasn't sure why my 2014 didn't have pins in the other location. Far as I can tell my 2014 has most options other than Sunroof. I can take a picture of my options sticker though if anyone is wondering.

Glad you got this sorted. Yup sounds like you were replacing just a random 15amp fuse and not the #50 o2 sensor which is only hot when the vehicle is running.

I use a similar harness from GEN5DIY so I am guessing you spoke to Jarred and he got you all straightened out. He is a good guy.

PS. that first one you pulled which did not connect to anything was probably just a spare fuse. There are some in each fusebox panel on drives and passenger side as well along with a fuse puller tool. No fuse puller on the under the hood so if you need one you know where to look now.

• 5 weeks later...

Would love to see some before and after shots if you have any!!

My past month has been fairly eventful, so have hardly checked back on here.

I have honestly not taken many pictures of my truck, maybe just a handful.

Here are some pics and if interested a story below.

Before

IMG_2308_zpsevelsdlc.jpg

IMG_2408_zpsnpk0efou.jpg

During

IMG_2812_zpsduogass6.jpg

IMG_2813_zpsa9bozhoi.jpg

IMG_2814_zpstilzv4o3.jpg

IMG_2818_zpszltejmda.jpg

After

IMG_2820_zps6mxpxkxt.jpg

A little back story, I found my truck while it was still wrecked and bought it before the shop started fixing it. Being a regular SLT package truck, I had made the decision to go ahead and do a full All Terrain Front end, and removed most of the other chrome accents. One of my headlights looked undamaged so we reused it, upon further inspection when I swapped to the 2016's the headlight had a large crack hidden behind the seal. So it was always EXTREMELY fogged and had water standing an inch or so in the bottom. The shop didn't know the difference between the SLE and SLT headlights, so when he bought the other he thought he found a good deal, but it was the SLE.(I wasnt charged for the SLE light and returned it to him when I got the '16's installed) So for months I drove the truck around with one SLT fogged up headlight and one SLE headlight. Haha, therefore i didnt take many pictures.

Truck looks much better now but still have little things I want to fix and mod. Currently on the radar is a lift/level, that Im trying to decide which to do. Some new tires, looking at 305/55/20 BFG All Terrain T/A KO2's (require 2.5" lift/level). Looking at LineX bedliner and a Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite bed cover, and some window tint. That should keep me happy for a while until I start wanting a little more sound from the engine.

Archived