My thoughts about the gas powertrain remaining unchanged

Are you sure? Alot of posters say otherwise about what they get now. We have 2016 2500 double cab chevy at work and it seems to only get 10-11 but I chalk that up to who is driving and how. I drive 65-70 most of the time highway

Yeah I'm pretty sure. My dad traded a 2011 HD 6.0 for his 2015 HD 6.0. They're the same truck, except his 2011 had 3:73's and his new one has 4:10's. His avg MPG is the same (within 5. mpg more or less). I think it really depends on your driving habits more than anything. He likes how the new one pulls their camper better.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I'm pretty sure. My dad traded a 2011 HD 6.0 for his 2015 HD 6.0. They're the same truck, except his 2011 had 3:73's and his new one has 4:10's. His avg MPG is the same (within 5. mpg more or less). I think it really depends on your driving habits more than anything. He likes how the new one pulls their camper better.

Did he happen to say what he gets pulling and what is he pulling ?

Did he happen to say what he gets pulling and what is he pulling ?

Actually, I just talked to him a few days ago, when they were on their way to the mountains of Colorado. He said he was getting 7-9 mpg across Missouri and Kansas while pulling this camper: http://www.jayco.com/products/fifth-wheels/2017-eagle-ht-fifth-wheels/275rlts/

And, knowing my mom, the camper is probably loaded to the max, haha. This is the first long trip with their new camper (they had a smaller toy hauler before) and he said it handled great....just pretty thirsty. I haven't gotten an MPG report from pulling in the mountains.

Archived