Mods idea on budget

Hey guys, need some help from you guys. I have a 08 silverado 6.0L and im want to get a little more power. I already have a sport corsa exhaust and a AEM cold air intake. I was looking at tunes, headers, cams,... I just dont know what i should get first. Im try to stay under $1000 but i want the most bang for the money. Thanks for the help.

Biggest bang for the buck will be a custom tune.

Then, things get expensive ( <$1000), fast.

Headers and a cam would be next I would think (unless ya go whole hog with a supercharger).

• Like 1

For flexibility and ease of tweaking your truck, a handheld programmer can help you. Look into Hypertech - 4wheelonline.com. It is inexpensive and allows you to set regular or premium octane, input tire size, set shift points and firmness, and many more. Other handheld devices are Superchips and Diablosport. If you want real power, more specific tune for your rig and to control more parameters, choose custom tune.

Edited by karlmg

• 2 years later...

Thanks for those. I was able to get a Superchips flashpaq F5 for $144 on eBay. Remaned from the manufacturer.

The Bully Dog does look like a heck of an item, but couldn't justify the price. Most of the features are on my "nice to have" rather than "must have" list.

it depends if you are doing the work yourself.  cam swap can be expensive.  headers are cheap but you will need a custom tune to turn off the check engine light.  headers and an ory will sound so good with corsa exhaust tho.