lane departure warning 2015 vs 2016

I recently had the right vibrator replaced on my seat. And now it is no longer quiet. It's loud enough that the whole cab can hear it. Kinda like a cell phone on a table set on vibrate. The left side is quiet like normal.

I took it in. And they said it was my stuff in the little cubby next to the seat rattling. So I went in the parking lot to test this. And that was Bull.

I searched the dealer for a truck with the parking censors. They had none to compare it to.

The guy at the service counter is really helpful with this and is trying to make it right. Even ordered a new one for the left side. To hopefully make them at least match.

So. On to the question. Has anyone drove both years with seat alert? And did you notice a difference?

Thanks

I have a 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT with the lane departure warning feature, and 2016 Tahoe with the lane keep assist with lane departure warning feature. If this is what you are referring to, they are different features. My truck seat buzzes me whenever the camera sees a lane marker, or tar on the road, etc. I thought it was a good feature, but it became so annoying, I turned it off.

I didn't understand the 2016 lane keep assist with lane departure warning feature in the Tahoe, because it didn't buzz the seat like my 2015 truck, so I took it back to the dealer. They checked it out and told me that it's working perfectly. They also gave me a bulletin prepared by GM to explain the difference between lane departure warning and lane keep assist with lane departure warning. I guess they were getting a lot of complaints that the new feature wasn't working in the 2016 vehicles. Lane keep assist will actually keep the Tahoe in the lane by itself in certain conditions. I tried driving down the highway without touching the steering wheel for a mile or two and the Tahoe didn't leave the lane I was in. (Don't worry, my hands were about an inch off of the wheel while doing this.) It will buzz your seat in certain conditions if you do leave the lane. I assume that the 2016 trucks would have the keep assist feature also.

I have a 16 LTZ and get no vibration in the seat with lane departure warning the parking assist does make the seat vibrate. Anybody out there with a 16 Chevy how does yours work?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Both systems in my 2016 LTZ are non functional, lane departure and front camera broken.

Archived