Intake manifold swap?

• 3 months later...

Ok fellas I know you all are the pros, I just bought a new 2017 highcountry with the 6.2/ 8 speed. Apparently no one can tune the tcm, so I decided to buy a diablo i3 since I’m familiar with it, was gonna go BLACKBEAR but they refuse to answer emails or phones, so here’s what I’m asking!!

what bolt I s Can I buy to get the most out of this truck, I’ve read I should not swap my manifold to the vet manifold or the msc due to losing mid range and that since I have the 8speed it won’t matter much. However let me know your opinion?

* what cold air intake

* what throttle body upgrade

* should I upgrade manifold

* what are the best header option 

* I already added the cat back borla exhaust

* am I missing anything, I’m gonna start buying ASAP so LLEASE HELP 

On 11/9/2017 at 6:59 AM, USMC devil dog said:

I appreciate it buddy

Dont buy the mit tube, it does nothing on these motors. It helped a lot on the gmt900 and everybody thinks these are the same. They are worthless unless all your after is sound.

full airade intake or afe momentum gt

• Like 1

8 hours ago, truckguy82 said:

Dont buy the mit tube, it does nothing on these motors. It helped a lot on the gmt900 and everybody thinks these are the same. They are worthless unless all your after is sound.

I had the MIT.  I now have the afe gt.  Only thing I got more of was sound.   The mit is 150 and the afe is 400.  I'd go with the MIT now from what I know 

5 minutes ago, Nasty said:

I had the MIT.  I now have the afe gt.  Only thing I got more of was sound.   The mit is 150 and the afe is 400.  I'd go with the MIT now from what I know 

Well we have dyno's from a reputable source indicating the MIT tube does absolutely nothing and the afe gt nets 25whp on a 6.2.

No offense, but until you provide a full workup of data, which I don't expect you to do, I'm going to have to conclude .....blackbear controlled environment multiple intake testing data > Nasty's anecdotal evidence

• Like 1

On 11/10/2017 at 8:23 AM, truckguy82 said:

Whats wrong with Volant or S&B?  They're enclosed too.

On 11/10/2017 at 8:23 AM, truckguy82 said:

I actually went with the age momentum gt   And jba shorty headers and a diablo Intune I3 tuner,  I’m considering a potted throttle body 102mm what’s your opinion on this fellas?

• 7 months later...

Hey guys,

I'm new to this thread, but I've been reading up on this swap and I'm curious to hear the results people are seeing and what, if any, issues people are running into after swapping to the 6.2 intake manifold and TB from the 5.3. Results? Issues? Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I did the swap on my 5.3 and don’t think it’s worth it. Throttle response may be a little better but other than that I didn’t notice any gains. My truck had long tubes, a tune, afe intake, and exhaust before I did the manifold and throttle body swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 7/11/2018 at 4:37 PM, Dozer466 said:

I did the swap on my 5.3 and don’t think it’s worth it. Throttle response may be a little better but other than that I didn’t notice any gains. My truck had long tubes, a tune, afe intake, and exhaust before I did the manifold and throttle body swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the info. Did the swap throw any codes? Did everything relearn/reset automatically?

• 7 months later...

Just swapped my 2014 sierra 5.3 intake and throttle body. Went with the L86 intake and Katech LT1 CNC ported TB. I didn't take any pics of the intake manifold but there is clearly a difference. Here is the difference in TB size. Still need to have Blackbear retune.

FB_IMG_1550354486133.jpg