I carry a Smith and Wesson M&P 9c. Love the gun. Upgraded the sights to trijcon sights (can't remember the type at the moment), have an extended mag for it (17+1) when I wear heavy clothes so I can hide it easier. Love the gun, but my only complaint is the trigger pull. I was wondering if anyone has upgraded their M&P trigger with the apex trigger. Is it worth the price? How is the trigger pull? How does your shot placement improve (if at all)? Basically your critique of the trigger/gun behavior with trigger. Thanks!

I have an M&P 40 full size. One of the upgrades was to an Apex polymer trigger (actual trigger itself, just didn't like how it's hinged horizontally in half so wanted it like my Glock) and to an Apex sear. It does feel better with the sear. So didn't do a full trigger mod, but it still helped. Mine didn't have grittiness like some had, I just upgraded the trigger bar on my Glock so I thought why not upgrade the sear in the M&P for pretty much the same outcome.

As far as the price, I didn't feel the need to put the aluminum trigger in. But as far as the other parts the price is worth it.

I have an M&P 40 full size. One of the upgrades was to an Apex polymer trigger (actual trigger itself, just didn't like how it's hinged horizontally in half so wanted it like my Glock) and to an Apex sear. It does feel better with the sear. So didn't do a full trigger mod, but it still helped. Mine didn't have grittiness like some had, I just upgraded the trigger bar on my Glock so I thought why not upgrade the sear in the M&P for pretty much the same outcome.

As far as the price, I didn't feel the need to put the aluminum trigger in. But as far as the other parts the price is worth it.

Is that for forward set sear kit? Or just the trigger itself?

Is that for forward set sear kit? Or just the trigger itself?

Just the trigger. The trigger part # I have is 100-025 and then just the sear. I didn't buy a full kit. They do have different triggers like flat faced and aluminum. I don't feel the need for an aluminum trigger. I figure if companies like Glock feel comfortable using polymer triggers then they must hold up. Now for a target guns for competition it might be a different story. But, my Glock 19 is just going to be my carry gun whenever I get a carry permit and the M&P is just for the home. The only reason I changed the trigger itself is that I just didn't like it being hinged horizontally. I just prefer the vertical piece in the middle like Glock. I'm sure the M&P hinged trigger holds up well, I just didn't like it.

Just the trigger. The trigger part # I have is 100-025 and then just the sear. I didn't buy a full kit. They do have different triggers like flat faced and aluminum. I don't feel the need for an aluminum trigger. I figure if companies like Glock feel comfortable using polymer triggers then they must hold up. Now for a target guns for competition it might be a different story. But, my Glock 19 is just going to be my carry gun whenever I get a carry permit and the M&P is just for the home. The only reason I changed the trigger itself is that I just didn't like it being hinged horizontally. I just prefer the vertical piece in the middle like Glock. I'm sure the M&P hinged trigger holds up well, I just didn't like it.

With just the trigger, I assume it didn't correct the long trigger pull, trigger break, and reset?

• 2 months later...

Ive had at least 10 of the M&Ps with apex kits, and BY FAR the most fun to shoot were the CORE pistols with the full APEX kit (sear kit and FSS trigger setup). That being said, I feel the trigger was much too light as a carry gun, so if your intentions are precision and fun at the range, id get the full kit. Trigger break is ridiculously clean and short, reset is non existent (literally, almost annoying, but its very short) and it REALLY helps out with consistency. With the carry guns, I just did the Apex carry kit and left the stock trigger and while they were clean and crisp, its still really an average trigger at best, especially compared to some of the newer factory striker guns such as HK and Sig. Id go to say AT LEAST, do the full carry kit, but if its not an every day carry, you will be absolutely amazed how much difference the FSS trigger adds.

I run the full Apex Duty/Carry kit with the aluminum trigger on both my .40 and .45 Shields. It really makes the trigger nice and consistent. I'm just not a fan of the 2 piece plastic trigger and always felt there was a lot of crunchy/gritty creep until you hit the end of the take up. The aluminum trigger helped alleviate this crunchiness/grittiness and the duty kit made the trigger pull a consistent 5-5.5 lb on the .40 and on the .45 respectively.

• 1 month later...

Archived