2006 Silverado Oil Level

My 06 Silverado is getting to be a quart low on oil after 3-3500 miles. Approximately a quart low and check oil light comes on. No visible leaks or blue smoke or any signs of issues.

So what is acceptable oil loss for the 5.3 engine? My other 06 does not have this issue. So concerned i have something going on.

Do i have a huge headache coming?

My 01 Sierra uses slightly less than a quart every 15,000 miles. If I get the low oil light, I am past due for the oil change. Not to debate my service procedures, but I change the oil evey 15K with Mobil 1 oil and Mobil 1 filter.

Is it your 06 or your 07 that is using the oil?

My 04 is roughly 1qt every 3k-4K miles.

Been like that for 5 years or so and 90k miles. Haven't had an issue with it.

It is pretty annoying to be honest but I made peace with the fact that sometimes you can't just chase stuff to fix annoyances.

06 doesn't have AFM, but that is why I ask about year model. Back in the days when I worked at a dealership, the acceptable oil consumption according to GM was a quart every 1000 miles IIRC. My advice is drive it and fill as needed.

It is pretty annoying to be honest but I made peace with the fact that sometimes you can't just chase stuff to fix annoyances.

Yup. My 4.3L (lovingly maintained since new) has been using 1/2 QT / ~1,000 miles since a very young age.

Just live with it.

Archived