My 2017 3.6L Colorado Thread

Blacked out bow ties look good! I have some vinyl laying around, I will get to doing the same thing eventually.

I've had my air dam off for a while. I definitely prefer the look of the truck without it.

Edited by fondupot

• 1 month later...

Took the truck in last weekend for the second oil change. Been doing just a hair over 7K miles per oil change. I have been going by the percentage indicator instead by per miles.

Hit 15K today on my way to work.

Been nice still not having to use my tools for repairs!!!:thumbs:

- Preston

On 11/7/2017 at 10:32 AM, fondupot said:

Blacked out bow ties look good! I have some vinyl laying around, I will get to doing the same thing eventually.

I've had my air dam off for a while. I definitely prefer the look of the truck without it.

I am happy I have the air dam off. Now I am looking at doing the 1.50" wheel spacers......

Installed the tonneau cover yesterday. I like it alot more than my Truxmart that I had on my F-250 before this truck.

This one is made by Stampede.  I shall see how it holds up. Its pretty darn cold here, so the bumps in the cover probably wont go away until it warms up.

20171212_152759.thumb.jpg.c48df27af870cc6a7f782a65a1595c34.jpg

On 12/11/2017 at 1:11 PM, fondupot said:

You've officially passed me on the mileage now. Haha, i just rolled over 13k last week. Had my second oil change over the weekend. My OLM was down around 9%. Ended up being about 6600 miles. Not bad.

I have been trying to not pass 7K on the intervals. I am usually at 6% by then.

• 1 month later...

Today I rolled 20K on the truck.

Back this last fall I had a puncture in the front drivers side tire while hunting........ The patch job came apart on a long drive this month.

I went to Les Schwab, and they couldn't repair the patch again. They told me that the tires that are put on these trucks, P255's, from the factory are an odd size. 

They went to put the spare on and told me that even though the spare is fullsize, its actually a little bigger than the other tires, and that it even has labels on the sidewall that say "temporary use only".:shakehead:

So, I ended up buying one new tire that matched the same size as the stock.  Just though it was interesting to hear this information.

They told me that having two different size tires on the same axle has the potential to cause bad wear on the ring gear and pinion.

- P

• 2 weeks later...

Damn dude! Racking up those miles. I'm still sitting around 15,500.

My truck is going to see less pavement. I just started a new job and they provided me with a company vehicle. So the truck just became my weekend warrior. Fine by me. I'd rather put miles on the company car. Driving 300-350 miles each week....

Edited by fondupot

On 1/30/2018 at 12:34 PM, silverbullet3.6 said:

Today I rolled 20K on the truck.

Back this last fall I had a puncture in the front drivers side tire while hunting........ The patch job came apart on a long drive this month.

I went to Les Schwab, and they couldn't repair the patch again. They told me that the tires that are put on these trucks, P255's, from the factory are an odd size. 

They went to put the spare on and told me that even though the spare is fullsize, its actually a little bigger than the other tires, and that it even has labels on the sidewall that say "temporary use only".:shakehead:

So, I ended up buying one new tire that matched the same size as the stock.  Just though it was interesting to hear this information.

They told me that having two different size tires on the same axle has the potential to cause bad wear on the ring gear and pinion.

- P

Sucks about your tire... You need to replace two tires, the one you replaced will be just about as bad as using that spare for long term from what I know... I could be wrong but, I was always under the impression that you had to replace both tires at the same time on drive wheels...

On 2/9/2018 at 4:11 AM, fondupot said:

Damn dude! Racking up those miles. I'm still sitting around 15,500.

My truck is going to see less pavement. I just started a new job and they provided me with a company vehicle. So the truck just became my weekend warrior. Fine by me. I'd rather put miles on the company car. Driving 300-350 miles each week....

Yeah, driving to work usually puts about 400 miles a week on it, then all the other personal driving I do with it racks up more. I just love driving this thing.  Sometimes I even take it out on sales calls, instead of the company pickup, because its much more enjoyable.

- P

• 1 year later...