Help remove driver seat

Hey guys. I'm trying to remove my drivers seat in my 2016 silverado. I don't have the correct size Torx head. Anyone know the size to unbolt the seat from the floor so I can pick one up?

I'm going to fabricate a bracket to raise the rear of the seat. For me the back of the seat sits a bit low. Anyone noticed this or do anything about it. I found a kit on eBay for 150.00 but I'm pretty sure I can do this for next to nothing myself... 93e43d7b6e7c060cf0b9fcd5f1e219c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I feel the same about my seat. 2015 Silverado. I wish it was raised a little more at the back. I didn't have this issue in my 2009. Would you mind providing the eBay link so I can see the bracket? I might do the same this weekend. Thanks!

I feel the same about my seat. 2015 Silverado. I wish it was raised a little more at the back. I didn't have this issue in my 2009. Would you mind providing the eBay link so I can see the bracket? I might do the same this weekend. Thanks!

Ok... here's the deal... the kit I'm posting is for non electric seats.. again this kit is not for electric seats. It's 69.00 ... you have to message this seller and ask them for the electric seat kit. They will price it just under 150 and they will even make an auction just for you. But the electric seat kit must be requested. I might pay 69.00 but I have electric seats and it's just not worth 150 when I can make the same thing myself.

But here is the link to the non-electric kit.

Look at this on eBay

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/292169306970

Thanks for the reply. Are you adding a bit of an angle into the bracket to lift the rear of the seat up? The bracket they show just raises the seat and doesn't change the angle.

Yes I will be adding an angle. I will show the finished piece. First I'm going to use washers to see how high I like it. I'm guessing an inch. Then I'll know my angle. I think it's a pretty easy and straight forward mod.

Stopped by the parts store and bought a nice set of torx sockets so I'm set

FYI The instructions for the kit on ebay recommends not removing the seats or the torx screws. I understand you are doing this differently but just confirming that you scrolled down and read the instructions.

How many screws you have to remove for the front seat to come off? I'll be replacing my cloth seats for the leather ones very soon. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 on electric. And idk on the non electric.

1 full inch for me works great. I'll be picking up a couple of bolts for the rear a little longer. These factory bolts still work but I want to retain the factory depth into the floor. I'm going to drive it to work like this today to make sure my height is right. But it really feels more natural without my knees above my ass74499bbb3f9e7a0d3855b8a70adb1db6.jpgf0d43fc43705007929c4b6e7aa97f249.jpgb77e6edb671ac02f126a61dc25ceb007.jpg

Archived