14-15 honeycomb grille question

I have the chrome honeycomb mesh and want black and also keep my chrome overlay.  I part searched a bit and and can only find where the black mesh is only available with the color-matched overlay.  Its also only available together.  I get that.  But I swear I've seen 14-15s with black honeycomb mesh and a chrome overlay.  Why the hell can I not atleast find that?  And I can't get a paint shop to paint my chrome mesh black because its some space age plastic that they can't guarantee.  Has anyone painted theres or just found the black mesh alone? 

I picked up the grill you are looking for, which I believe came from a WT model Silverado. I also didn't want to go and paint the plastic, but I have seen a post where someone used plasti dip which will peel off but i'm not sure its a good idea.

Would be cheaper to get this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-23194174-2014-15-SILVERADO-1500-BODY-COLORED-GRILL-WHITE-W-BLACK-MESH-GAZ-50/131553433042?fits=Model%3ASilverado+1500&epid=655983437&hash=item1ea13215d2:g:OiwAAOSwaNBUkH9a&vxp=mtr

Swap the insert and resell it for a little loss. That or find a member that would be willing to swap grilles with you. I remember this happening like a year ago.

1 hour ago, snowbrdd said:

Would be cheaper to get this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-23194174-2014-15-SILVERADO-1500-BODY-COLORED-GRILL-WHITE-W-BLACK-MESH-GAZ-50/131553433042?fits=Model%3ASilverado+1500&epid=655983437&hash=item1ea13215d2:g:OiwAAOSwaNBUkH9a&vxp=mtr

Swap the insert and resell it for a little loss. That or find a member that would be willing to swap grilles with you. I remember this happening like a year ago.

Well yes, if he is looking for a painted white surround.

On 11/8/2017 at 9:08 PM, snowbrdd said:

My point is to buy it and swap the insert then resell the surround with his chrome insert in it. He only needs one part from it.

this would be your best bet on what snowbrdd said...or try take it to get it vinyl wrapped...thats what I was going to do but just ended up paying for an OEM grille off ebay for -$75 cheaper than dealership

I have looked on CL and FB market place within 200mi for months.  Its dead for 14-15 stuff like this.  By the same token, I almost can't really justify a pricey color-matched combo to resell because I'm not so sure I won't lose my ass on it trying to sell it.

So should I plasti dip or pay to vinyl wrap or possibly line-x?

• 4 weeks later...

I recently got a brand new in box gba black grille off of my local craigslist for 150 bucks. I plan on switching out the honeycomb and run a chrome insert with new black grille.

Archived