Soon to cam...

Hey guys so I love my truck it’s a daily driver but it’s s slug. Recently looking into turboing it but decided I’d just go with the cam set up. 2007 Silverado 4.8. I was thinking a comp cam 212/218  534 531 with 112lsa with stock converter, new springs and maybe rods. I have been doing research and this seems to be the way I want to go but research is all I have. So any input it suggestions would be great 

I don’t tow with and gas mileage don’t matter.  I just drive it to work and back I’m just looking to quicken it up a little bit. I don’t think the whole 6.0 swap is what I want to do.

1 hour ago, Ram7796 said:

I don’t tow with and gas mileage don’t matter.  I just drive it to work and back I’m just looking to quicken it up a little bit. I don’t think the whole 6.0 swap is what I want to do.

Economy meaning the money spent on a cam swap versus and engine swap.  

• 3 weeks later...

So what did you decide to do?  I've been looking at mild "truck" cams from Cam Motion, Crane, Comp Cams, Vinci, etc.  I'd like something between 200 and 206 and no more than .510 lift, probably less.  My LSA is 116 and the offerings are from 113 to 116.  Going to do a physical delete of AFM.

I haven’t somebody any thing with it yet. Just doing research and keeping it in the back of my head. I need it to be a reasonable daily . So need it to be right the first time 

• 2 weeks later...

i've read lots of people going with the 212/218 112lsa cam on stock converters with no issues and definitely made a difference in power. if anything you could do a tbss converter for cheap and it be even better. A 6.0 or 6.2 swap would easily give you more power than a cammed 4.8 with just the motor itself. All about what you want i guess.

Archived