How yo connect to Weather Channel Ap to use my phone data

CDNSS

2017 GMC , downloaded the Weather Channel  ap. My free wfi has run out want to know if I can use my I phone data plan to use the weather channel  

Tks but that just dhows how to load the app. I have done that  onstar wifi makes it work 

I am hoping There is a way I can connect my I phone and use my phone data to view rhe Weather Channel. Like in Car Play 

Yes thats what I thought for some reason I dont  see my phone on the list of networks when in my driveway I do see my house wifi but not my phone ?? Yes hotspot is on ?? I turned off wifi on phone so it would go to my phine lte network 

Hmm... I haven't tried this as I signed up for the AT&T wifi. I have since changed my phone data plan to the Verizon unlimited, so I really don't need the $20 a month AT&T wifi in the truck. I was planning on using the hotspot on my phone. I guess I better make sure it works ok before I shit can the AT&T. I'll try this this afternoon and report back.  

Update I got it to work my phone was the issue had to do a reset then the hotspot showed up and was able to use phone on mylink as data source 

but so far it does not seem to save the connection and or not there so have to “add a network “  makes it a bit cumbersome so far dont see how to “ save” a network 

Archived