16 2500HD no high beam or driving lights

I have a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Duramax. The truck was in a minor front end accident and was repaired. Now, it only has low beam headlights, (yes, the headlights were replaced). When I turn the high beams on, the light on the dash comes on but no high beams, same for the driving lights.  I am trying to troubleshoot without taking to the dealer. I unplugged the plug for the headlight and there is no power going to the high beam side. Does the body control module control the high beam (yes, I know the dealer has to program the body control module). The headlight fuse #58 is fine.  I would prefer to try and fix on my own, with spending a fortune. Thanks

2 hours ago, newdude said:

BCM commands lows, highs and fogs.  Do you have power on the out side of the fuses for fogs and the lights?  Are both the high beam and the fog relays good? 

There is no power to fuse #58 when you activate the high beams. (I checked this with a truck that does not have issues and the #58 fuse is powered up when high beams are activated). The indicator light on the dash works, just no power to #58. I am with the assumption that the relays are non-serviceable. I am trying to figure out where the power comes out of the BCM to the underhood fuse panel. I have a schematic that shows power comes directly from the BCM to power low beam and that high beam power goes through a relay in the fuse panel (I can't find it)  I cannot find a schematic that shows how to check power coming out of the BCM to see if it is either not coming out of the BCM or if it is coming out of the BCM and not making it to the underhood fuse panel.......  Hopefully this helps to clarify. My bad if it is confusing.

I have not worked on a new one, but on the last generation the control module supplies ground to activate relays.  They are powerd on all the time. Your owners manual will tell you which relays do what and normally you can switch with one that works something else for a test. Yes, relays are throw away and not servicable. 

Either way if it's an issue from the repair, take it back and let them handle it. 

1 minute ago, Kenrbass said:

I have not worked on a new one, but on the last generation the control module supplies ground to activate relays.  They are powerd on all the time. Your owners manual will tell you which relays do what and normally you can switch with one that works something else for a test. Yes, relays are throw away and not servicable. 

Either way if it's an issue from the repair, take it back and let them handle it. 

The relays are non-serviceable and are built in to the fuse panel. They are not like the old ones where you just swap them.  I appreciate your input but the new ones are a whole different breed.

12 minutes ago, bwag said:

The relays are non-serviceable and are built in to the fuse panel. They are not like the old ones where you just swap them.  I appreciate your input but the new ones are a whole different breed.

You made me go pop the hood on my 2018.  It looks the same. Mini fuses, maxi fuses,  mini and larger relays. all of them unlpug .  This is the fuse panel under the hood drivers side

10 minutes ago, Kenrbass said:

You made me go pop the hood on my 2018.  It looks the same. Mini fuses, maxi fuses,  mini and larger relays. all of them unlpug .  This is the fuse panel under the hood drivers side

I need you to look at your fuse panel lid and tell me which relay is for the high beam headlights.........then you will see what I am talking about. Thanks

24 minutes ago, Kenrbass said:

Not used to seeing 3 fuse panels on a truck. Mine has the under hood and one on each side of the dash.  No relays on either side of the dash though. Older ones had 2 fuse locations.

Right, the relays are non-serviceable and I am trying to find out if the relay is receiving power. I can't tell which wire would feed it. If it it receiving power then there is an issue with the relay. If it is not receiving power than I think I have an issue with the BCM. Trying to find out where my problem lies.

Archived