Streaming Netflix or Youtube via android.

I posted this in another topic but figured this may make it easier for people to find.  If you buy the google chromecast device ($35) you can play anything  that can 'Cast" from your android phone including but not limited to Netflix, Google Play movies and youtube.  You plug the chromecast into the HDMI port and the power outlet.  Then you connect your phone and the chromecast to the onstar wifi and then you are good to go.  Then if your kid knows how to use youtube or netflix they can choose what they want to watch by using your phone as the "remote".  Set up was very self explanatory and it basically walks you through the process.  Your truck will need to be running to use the 110v outlet.  Roadtrips have never been so amazing and quiet!!  Not sure if it uses your phones data or the trucks data.  I will post if I figure that out.  #merica

IMG_20180417_161422178_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
I posted this in another topic but figured this may make it easier for people to find.  If you buy the google chromecast device ($35) you can play anything  that can 'Cast" from your android phone including but not limited to Netflix, Google Play movies and youtube.  You plug the chromecast into the HDMI port and the power outlet.  Then you connect your phone and the chromecast to the onstar wifi and then you are good to go.  Then if your kid knows how to use youtube or netflix they can choose what they want to watch by using your phone as the "remote".  Set up was very self explanatory and it basically walks you through the process.  Your truck will need to be running to use the 110v outlet.  Roadtrips have never been so amazing and quiet!!  Not sure if it uses your phones data or the trucks data.  I will post if I figure that out.  #merica
IMG_20180417_161422178_HDR.thumb.jpg.86e1fd03849a2f2130c2c89b458270cd.jpg
How is HDMI input available? I only have RCA :/

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
How is HDMI input available? I only have RCA :/

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Newer models equipped with HDMI. You may ask the dealer to install it, or purchase the parts required and do the installation your self. Not sure if the entertainment system needs a firmware update though