2018 Sierra Replaces 2008 Canyon

• 1 month later...
My reading suggests forward facing seats can fit in the window seats, though again, somewhat tightly.  I did not totally disregard how well the vehicle could or could not handle children. We don't have any plan to have children in the short term, but it's hard to predict exactly what the next 7-10 years will bring us.  My wife and I talked about it, and she vetoed buying a minivan for this purchase!  Other than a truck a van is the only vehicle that can come close to a truck's versatility at a reasonable cost. 

Neither of us like the appearance of the sub six food beds, and we also did not like the increased cost of the crew cab.  Crew cab long beds start to get harder to maneuver, and are somewhat rare on dealer lots.

Great looking truck! I love my Elevation in the same color (albeit mine is no longer close to stock). On the car seat note it's all up to you and if you decide to have children and keep this truck which car seats you use can also play a part. Speaking from experience I bought my double cab when my daughter was 4 months old. Taking the pumpkin seat in and out of the middle wasn't fantastic but wasn't terrible either. They are quickly too heavy to keep taking the seat and child out together anyways so your eventually just picking the child out of the seat. At 2 years old now we turned her car seat around and put her on the window seat as we plan on having another kid in the near future which would need to go in the middle. Don't get me wrong, a crew cab would be easier and more spacious no doubt, but my wife and I chose the double cab for similar reasons as you and it is absolutely doable if/when you decide to have children. Enjoy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Just now, Fix29 said:

Great looking truck! I love my Elevation in the same color (albeit mine is no longer close to stock). On the car seat note it's all up to you and if you decide to have children and keep this truck which car seats you use can also play a part. Speaking from experience I bought my double cab when my daughter was 4 months old. Taking the pumpkin seat in and out of the middle wasn't fantastic but wasn't terrible either. They are quickly too heavy to keep taking the seat and child out together anyways so your eventually just picking the child out of the seat. At 2 years old now we turned her car seat around and put her on the window seat as we plan on having another kid in the near future which would need to go in the middle. Don't get me wrong, a crew cab would be easier and more spacious no doubt, but my wife and I chose the double cab for similar reasons as you and it is absolutely doable if/when you decide to have children. Enjoy!

It's good to hear that the double cab is working well for you and your family. 

Your truck looks great, good call getting the blue.  There are far too many of these Elevation trucks in black on the road!  I see a few blue ones around, but most have the black wheels, so I have no trouble picking mine out in the parking lot.  lol

44694594235_d447e20429_z.jpg

It's good to hear that the double cab is working well for you and your family. 

Your truck looks great, good call getting the blue.  There are far too many of these Elevation trucks in black on the road!  I see a few blue ones around, but most have the black wheels, so I have no trouble picking mine out in the parking lot.  lol

44694594235_d447e20429_z.jpg
Thank you. The blue is an awesome color and I like the silver wheels on yours. Mine had the gloss black 5 spokes, while not a bad looking wheel I just wasn't a fan of them on the blue truck.