06 Sierra horn issues

Horn doesn't work at the steering wheel but works when i lock the truck with the key fob. Clock spring wasnt throwing a code and connections are clean. Relays and fuses are good. What should i look for next?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sara, Check to see if your horn works while your steering wheel is turned in a position other than straight. The horn contact could be dirty or even wearing out and in that case it won't work sometimes straight ahead. If you find that to be the case, remove the cover around the steering column and check the gray wire at the horn contact where it contacts the brass ring. If you ground the wire at the horn contact the horn should blow, that means everything is good from the contact back through dash relay, etc. and the problem is between there and the steering wheel, contact ring, horn button, etc. You could try shining up the ring a little bit to see if that helps. On mine, I ended up installing a remote horn button instead of pulling the steering wheel and having to contend with the air bag and all the related stuff. One tip if you end up going with a remote button, tap into the gray wire instead of cutting it and the horn can potentially work either from the button or the steering wheel, if it finally decides to start working one day. To wire up  a remote horn switch, ground one side of the switch and hook up a wire tapped into the gray wire on the other side. Good luck, let us know what you find! 

• Like 1