03-07 Cluster Instrument Panel

Coby7

Which one do you like best  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just had mine done...  blue looks sweet, but I like blue.

I was going to get the white LEDs and the guy from gmgaugerepair called and told me it still looks "pretty blue" with white if I don't change the gauge faces.   I'll reiterate that... it looks *really* blue.

20180916_202515.thumb.jpg.5810278ce42038f4c59dec7675ccd0b6.jpg

39 minutes ago, Coby7 said:

Top picture was with blue LEDs, third was with white LEDs

I asked for the white but it looks much more like the blue.

I bought the blue LEDs for the steering wheel so maybe he did actually give me the blue instead...  either way I do like it.

Edited by AJE

If you wanted white he should have installed warm white, because the decal has a blue filter behind it to take the yellow out of incandescent bulbs.  Here are warm white LEDs.

2017-06-04 13.05.30.jpg

• Like 2

I'm trying to find a cheaper source... what did you use?

Here's what I found:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BY0XEAM/?coliid=I32K07CDM68783&colid=1TV0934RG85BS&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Here is what is available on the site where I got my panel rebuilt... and the LEDs for the steering wheel.

https://www.gmgaugerepair.com/led-instrument-panel-lights/

He sells a wiring diagram with the LEDs.. if I can figure out the polarity and buy my own LEDs I'll save a bunch of money.

Very nice.   How many red ones do you need?

I will want to do basically all the rest of the lights besides the instrument panel and steering wheel...  so the window switches in both doors, the headlights/fog lights, 4WD selector, climate control, and airbag selector.

I found pics of the climate control torn apart... it looks like there is one light on each side of the temp sliders.  It looks like the color is on the face, so I'd guess I should use white or natural light LEDs for those instead of red or blue?

On 9/30/2018 at 4:06 PM, AJE said:

Very nice.   How many red ones do you need?

I will want to do basically all the rest of the lights besides the instrument panel and steering wheel...  so the window switches in both doors, the headlights/fog lights, 4WD selector, climate control, and airbag selector.

9 for the cluster backlighting, but the red LEDs are not as bright so you may need to put 2 instead. Here's one I just did just to show you.

NLIqEl0.jpg