Computer programing or performance chip??

I need to know wich is better for me i have 2011 silverado 1500 2wd 5.3 vortec gasoline and i want to have more horse power save gas i put headers cold intake and exhaust system but i want the truck no to much but a little bit performance wich is the best and save option performance chip or go to a programmer??? 

• 3 weeks later...

it depends on if you are wanting long tubes or shorties, cats or no cats. even high flow cats sometimes throw a code.  i don't think diablo sport and bully wont allow you to cut the rear o2 sensors off.  you will need a custom tune like black bear or someone that uses hp tuners.  plus, you get more out of a custom tune.  you can take out some of that torq management and it'll feel like a whole new truck.

• Like 1

So I want to go the route of custom tune. I bought my truck in July and the guy who sold it to me said the cats had been beat out. I talked to an exhaust shop and they said the government put a stop to them being able to remove the o2 sensors in the computer. Is there a tuner out there that will allow me to do this myself. It will be for 100% off road use so no worries there :)

I've got an 04 sierra with the bully dog and a 14 Silverado with the diablo. Neither cut off the O2 sensor. Good gains from both but not what your looking for.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, zach1990 said:

I've got an 04 sierra with the bully dog and a 14 Silverado with the diablo. Neither cut off the O2 sensor. Good gains from both but not what your looking for.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks, I found that a lot of guys are talking about black bear performance tunes and it's looking promising. One thing I don't understand is why they need to send me a new control module, it seems like the one I have could just be re programmed. I'm going to just call them and ask them, I am imagining I'll learn a whole lot in a 10 minute conversation. Thanks for the response!

you could send them yours.  most people don't want to be out of a vehicle bc it's their daily driver.  anyone using hp tuners should be able to cut off the rear o2s.  look at faster proms.  they are in florida and tuned a vette I owned and cut the rear o2s off.