2019 SILVERADO FRONT DIFFERENTIAL NOISE!

I started with my dealership.   Then talked to their GM representative.   Also sent an email to GM and started a  file with the issue.   I  would leave my truck with the dealership.   Drove several loaners through the 5 months.   Drove the last loaner for 5-6 weeks  until they  bought my old truck back.   Just have to be persistent,  don't take no for an answer.   Good Luck 

Plus One! I have a similar problem. Our 2019 Silverado 5.3 is a 4X4. We have had a "squeaky" noise coming from the front. Thought it was brakes at first, but it goes away in 4 wheel drive mode. In 2 wheel mode it starts squeaking around 40 mph. It only happens after the truck is warmed up (like 30-40 minutes of driving) Of course it has been to several different dealers. They can hear it, but can't fix it. I was told GM was "working" on a fix. Of course I called the 800 number and started a case. I was not kind. For what these trucks cost, this type of problem is totally unacceptable. So, about 4 weeks after my tirade, I am told there is a fix. They will be replacing the front differential with a new one. Some sort of seal issue they said. Hope it works or they are going to have one pi$$ed off customer in their face again. 

15 minutes ago, Clayvis said:

Plus One! I have a similar problem. Our 2019 Silverado 5.3 is a 4X4. We have had a "squeaky" noise coming from the front. Thought it was brakes at first, but it goes away in 4 wheel drive mode. In 2 wheel mode it starts squeaking around 40 mph. It only happens after the truck is warmed up (like 30-40 minutes of driving) Of course it has been to several different dealers. They can hear it, but can't fix it. I was told GM was "working" on a fix. Of course I called the 800 number and started a case. I was not kind. For what these trucks cost, this type of problem is totally unacceptable. So, about 4 weeks after my tirade, I am told there is a fix. They will be replacing the front differential with a new one. Some sort of seal issue they said. Hope it works or they are going to have one pi$$ed off customer in their face again. 

The noise comes back. 

You can be as mad and mean as you want GM customer service doesn't care and will not do much to help you. 

They did the differential as my first fix months ago and it didn't work , then there was a bulletin that said don't attempt to fix . Now they just came out with a fix where the replaced a slinger and other parts and still no good. I blast GM they don't seem to care and as usual I must bring it back yet again before they will do anything further. I am just glad I leased this one because I have a feeling they will never have a fix and I just hope by 2022 they work out all the kinks !

42 minutes ago, ct_corey said:

The noise comes back. 

You can be as mad and mean as you want GM customer service doesn't care and will not do much to help you. 

Wow! That sucks! But I suspect you are right. I will give them a chance to fix it. If the squeaking does not go away, or comes back, they will be buying the piece of shit back from me. I can be very persistent. They WILL get sick of me!

• 1 year later...
On 10/2/2019 at 2:04 PM, mdaycock said:

I was told a bad front axle assembly.   Replaced mine,  still the same issue.   Traded me into a new truck,   so far so good.  5500 miles in so far 

Do you know which axle you have per the build order on the new truck? Sounds like the code for the problem axle is SU4. I was curious if your new truck has the better one (SU5?) and roughly how many miles before  issues started on the first vehicle. Really interested in the Silverado with the Duramax but have zero interest in purchasing an expensive problem. Thanks for the insight.