Multipro Tailgate Alignment

My new AT4’s Multipro tailgate is not level when closed across the top of the gate. The inner gate is flush across the the top on the driver’s side, but on the passenger side, the inner gate is approximately 3/16” higher. This is causing my Gatortrex cover to bind the tailgate when the the tailgate is released. Does anyone know of a way to adjust the tailgate or should it go back to the dealer for alignment?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Shawn. We understand how frustrating this tailgate alignment concern must be for you. If you’re thinking about visiting your servicing GM dealership about your situation, we would be happy to work alongside them, to provide an additional layer of support. Feel free to send us private message, if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Anthony J.

• 7 months later...

I have the same issue. 2019 GMC Sierra SLT, the dealer changed the top plastic part of the tailgate, but it now sticks up about 1/8” at each end, when shut, the taneau (a GM part by REV, hard folding) hits and rubs on the plastic. The top tailgate also sits in on the passenger side so that the seam sealer on the tailgate is rubbing marks into the lower tailgate, the dealers response was basically ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• 8 months later...

I just took delivery of a 2020 AT4 carbon and my tailgate is a little out of alignment as well. It sticks up just a tad on the driver side and just a bit lower on the passenger side. I didn't get my tonneau cover yet, so hoping it doesn't cause issues. Anyone have any luck getting GM/dealer to do anything?

IMG_20200510_213949.jpg

Hi, Commander769. This is certainly not what we like to hear. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into these concerns on our end. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] ATTN: forum username/ GM Trucks with your contact information, VIN, brief description of your concern,  and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit http://bit.ly/2h3ZUnC.

Aleigha W. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2020 at 9:47 PM, Commander769 said:

I just took delivery of a 2020 AT4 carbon and my tailgate is a little out of alignment as well. It sticks up just a tad on the driver side and just a bit lower on the passenger side. I didn't get my tonneau cover yet, so hoping it doesn't cause issues. Anyone have any luck getting GM/dealer to do anything?

IMG_20200510_213949.jpg

Dealer adjusted it and all is well!

Its pretty normal on the alignment of Your tail gate to be slightly off. The  release is non functional because of the seal on the cover not because of an alignment issue. The only one that lets the gate drop is the GM supplied one you can order with the truck. However the GM cover leaks like a sieve. 

Edited by ILSilverado