Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2016

I have noticed My mylink display being non responsive in the past. Now tonight I got into my truck and the screen was on but blank. I pressed the onstar button to reset the screen and it didn't work. I turned it on and off and it did help. When it was off, keys out, and truck locked the display stayed on and also the panel and lights in the center console. Hope it doesn't kill the battery overnight. I probably need to go to the dealership tomorrow.  Anyone else noticed this? 

Edited by Djchris

I have noticed My mylink display being non responsive in the past. Now tonight I got into my truck and the screen was on but blank. I pressed the onstar button to reset the screen and it didn't work. I turned it on and off and it did help. When it was off, keys out, and truck locked the display stayed on and also the panel and lights in the center console. Hope it doesn't kill the battery overnight. I probably need to go to the dealership tomorrow.  Anyone else noticed this? 

Same thing happened with my 16 Yukon, updated it and was fine. Try unplugging the battery cables and plug them back on. If that doesn’t work then you’ll need the update

Sent from above
  • Like 1

This was a common problem on the 14 trucks too. Onstar dead, radio blank but still played, would not shut off. You can disconnect the battery, it might help. But its gonna happen again. You can also pull the radio fuse on the right side dash fuse panel. But I had to go back to the dealer to get mine reprogrammed. Mine was perfect for the longest time. Then one day it started doing it. And it was like that for a few days constantly pulling the fuse. I had to watch the screen to make sure that it turned off, not just dark gray. After it was reprogrammed, its been perfect.

I had to get the update also. Additionally, the connector for the screen is accessible from behind the dash glove box. You will have to remove it as if changing the cabin air filter then reach up. I had mine go blank once and dealer just opened it, messed with connector, then it worked again. 

• 1 month later...

I dropped my truck off for the same problem. The radio and center console was also staying on when the keys were out and the vehicle locked. They called me to pick up the truck today after a week . The mylink 7 inch radio was replaced with a new one. 

• 2 weeks later...

They replaced the touch screen on the radio. No problem since

I dropped my truck off for the same problem. The radio and center console was also staying on when the keys were out and the vehicle locked. They called me to pick up the truck today after a week . The mylink 7 inch radio was replaced with a new one.