4L60E rebuild and parts interchangeability

I have an 4L60e (3KCD) out of an 03 Truck that the reaction carrier shattered and one out of a 99 (9KCD) that the sun shell failed.

Best I can tell the internal reaction gear, internal gear support, sun gear, and low/reverse clutch piston are the same. So, I should be able to use the parts from the 99 to replace the damaged ones in the 03. Am I right?

Also for a stock 5.3L which I drive pretty aggressively up and down a mountain everyday and very occasionally do some towing (pulling a truck up said mountain on a car hauler) what are the advantages and disadvantages of switching to the torque converter from a I6 trailblazer? I am planning on installing a large tranny cooler.

The most common issue I've seen (numerous times, in fact) is lack of lube flow to the reaction carrier/ planetary. The lubrication flow coming from the cooler is pumped into the input shaft, and through the interface of the input/ output shaft and the outlet of that lube is pumped into the reaction planetary. So, if lube flow is restricted, the first thing to burn up is that reaction carrier/ planetary. If you've had the trans apart, you'll see a orange/ brown rubber ring that seals the output shaft to the input shaft (inside the input drum). Pay close attention as with age, the lip of that seal can tear off and get pumped into the output shaft and plug that hole. Take compressed air and blow it out if in doubt.

I'll give the shafts a diligent inspection.

Made myself up a spring compressor to pull out the low-reverse piston. Looks like metal got around it and the case is shot.

So now I'm rebuilding the 99 instead of the 03. Which isn't an issue except for two things. I have a new EPC solenoid and separator plate for the 03. It appears that the separator plate changed when the valve body casting was updated. I am not seeing any differences in passages on the case. I am not finding anywhere in the ATSG update manual a case update.

As a result I believe I can use the 03 valve body, plate, epc, and harness on the 99 case.

Am I correct?

Thanks again