2002 sierra gauge problem

hey guys , 

I know about the many cluster problems with these trucks but I don't think that's my problem yet.

so my truck is a 2002 sierra base model (wt) no power, no alarm, rubber floor ect. with 195000 KM

this is a plow truck. so I'm lucky and all my gauges have never had an issue , no flickering always working .

Then today I was going out to salt and drove to my first property  everything was okay.  I turned the truck off finished the sidewalks then started the truck and went to the next

place.  On the way the security came on, the seat  belt light came on,  fuel gauge went to empty,  trans temp , engine temp, stopped working.

Then 2 min later everything came back on and worked fine.  for the next hour its been doing the same thing .  works good then all off a sudden while driving it starts acting up.

The speed and rev meter are always working fine . 

looking for some ideas I can try before taking out the cluster.  to me I think it seems like some ground issue .  if the cluster motors were going bad I don't think all three would go at once plus the other things lighting up.

truck runs fine when this happens,but last week I was driving then went

to a parking lot slowed down and put into park then truck shut off started back up fine  did this twice but nothing since.  I traced the ground wire the bolts the heads and it seems good .  got a good eye on it and a little pull and its tight.  maybe it the ignition switch causing the issues

Edited by kirkfeere

On the DS , Under the cab, there is a Cab mount sticking off the frame, near the drivers floor. On the rear side of this mount is a couple wires which are GROUNDED there. Take them off and clean it all up, and put back together and grease it. This would be my first and easiest step, Good luck @!