When I go to remote start my vehicle the lights flash but no start? I called burnettes automotive and gave them my vin and in their system they said it looked like it had the correct code for remote start. When I took it to the GMC dealer to get more fobs programmed he said he thinks someone had it deactivated. I talked to another GMC dealer and he said there's is no such thing as deactivation. My glove box still says AP8 though and not AP3. So what does the lights flashing mean? 

Check engine light on?  If so, remote start won't work when there is a code being thrown.  When I inherited my dad's 2011 3500HD, I'd use the remote start on my way to the truck  after work.  One day, it didn't work (don't remember if the lights flashed or not).  Got in and cranked it up and saw the CEL was on (had a glow plug fail).

If the check engine light is on, no remote start.  If you clear the light, it should start.  However, if the problem is detected when the truck powers up, prior to starting, then you'll get the same light flash and no start.

It also won't start if the fuel light is on.