Is there enough wire to flip over the trailer plug in?

The 7 pin plug in on the top, allowing water to sit inside the lid, is really stupid.   The shape makes it look like the outlet could be flipped over for the 7 pin on the bottom and 4 pin on top.   

It started raining when I crawled under the truck, but I wasn't sure there was enough excess wire to allow this to happen.  Plus I was having trouble getting both tabs in at the same time to pop the thing out.   

I was guessing someone would have done this is already if it works, or have tried it.

have the same concern and have been under my 2016 and now 2018 to pull the harness off the plug and filled it with dielectric grease.  also fill the plug on the trailer with the same to reduce any chance of water getting in. 
I do not believe that it would be easy to flip it, as the harness is pretty hefty with all the wiring, tape etc.

I'm not saying that isn't something to try and "fix" but will add we have several trucks at work some 5+ years old and have had no issues with the harness as is.  So you might be fixing something that doesn't need fixing.  Dielectric grease makes sense..

I certainly wasn't looking at it to make any permanent modifications...  but having that part in there the opposite way it is makes more sense to me.   If the underbody spray hadn't gotten on the tabs I probably would have already answered my own question.