22’s on ‘17 Duramax

Hi, I’m hoping that someone  could help me. I am upgrading my 2017Denali HD 20” wheels to 22’s and I’m wondering what size tire to go with. There are a few issues I guess I run into by doing such. The first is load rating. I guess there’s only a few tires that meet the factory load rating so I would be losing some towing capabilities which I’m fine with as the truck is a mall crawler, but I want to be safe. The wheels are KMC 825 buck 25s with -18 offset. I want to run either 305/45R22’s or 33x12.50R22. From what I’m told, half my sources say that the 33’s will rub at least on the lower valance with that -18 offset but then half of my other Google search and show that there is no issue. The truck is going to be leveled on a 2” SuspensionMaxx kit.  To be safe, one could argue to go with the 305‘s to avoid rubbing but the issue there is they are 4 ply tire and are only rated up to 50 psi. I’m not sure how this would affect the ride and the safety. The 33’s are a 12 ply tire rated higher than our 10 ply stocks.  The tires I want are the Nitto ridge grappler‘s.  Does anybody have a similar set up with 33’s on a leveled Duramax either LML or L5P? Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by jandersendo

I have 22x10’s and 33/12.5 ridge grapplers. I put them on my truck stock and in the front I would have only needed to trim a 1x1 piece out of the front bumper for them to clear. My wheels are a -24 offset as well. Why not do a. 285/50/22....only 11.6 wide. Should be able to clear those leveled on a -18 offset wheel.

11 minutes ago, kenny_r said:

I have 22x10’s and 33/12.5 ridge grapplers. I put them on my truck stock and in the front I would have only needed to trim a 1x1 piece out of the front bumper for them to clear. My wheels are a -24 offset as well. Why not do a. 285/50/22....only 11.6 wide. Should be able to clear those leveled on a -18 offset wheel.

Do you have any pics?

7 minutes ago, kenny_r said:

I would think....like I said if your really concerned, could go with 285/50

Yeah, except that tire is too tall for my liking. What about your thoughts on the 305/45's Ridge Grapplers being 4 ply B load tires as opposed to our factory E's? Is 50 psi too small? Is that not a safe alternative?

Load range E tires only.

I see mall crawlers all the time running regular passenger truck tires on their 20x12, 24x12 or whatever rims. Tires all scretched out, then they think they can pull a trailer and not care. Would be a sweet ass ticket if DOT/Cop saw that.

Edited by CamGTP

Anything that is an LT rated tire would be fine if you ask me. If it's LT tire that is E or F rated, sure.

Never run a P rated tire on a diesel truck or heavy duty truck.