Chrome side molding separation

Hi All,

New to the forum. I recently purchased a new 2018 Tahoe with the luxury package. Yesterday I noticed the side chrome molding on the passenger door has separated from the body. I’m assuming this should be covered under warranty. Has anyone else had issues?

Thanks

9F720228-3704-4750-8B5C-4464D89DB053.jpeg

5A2EBE0C-7587-4FC7-B12A-B141D6C17F93.jpeg

Edited by Bob2C
Photos

Hi All, New to the forum. I recently purchased a new 2018 Tahoe with the luxury package. Yesterday I noticed the side chrome molding on the passenger door has separated from the body. I’m assuming this should be covered under warranty. Has anyone else had issues?   Thanks9F720228-3704-4750-8B5C-4464D89DB053.thumb.jpeg.eccd11bbfe3562358cbd472d925b1341.jpeg

5A2EBE0C-7587-4FC7-B12A-B141D6C17F93.thumb.jpeg.cc6f2e743b40eaf99b4e4d80fe0a941e.jpeg

I believe the Tahoe doesn’t come with chrome side molding, they come with painted ones. Only Yukon Denali is equipped with chrome molding.

So, this must have been installed by the dealer with Chevrolet accessories parts.

It is a double sided tape, so I guess even if you hit to the dealer they won’t replace it with new one. They probably will fix the issue with the tape.

It worth the try and to check what they may do, it is all up to you.

I just took a quick drive over to the dealer. Covered under warranty.  They ordered a new piece and will install when it arrives. They said easy fix. It’s only stuck on with double sided tape. 

I just took a quick drive over to the dealer. Covered under warranty.  They ordered a new piece and will install when it arrives. They said easy fix. It’s only stuck on with double sided tape. 

Good to hear that [emoji1303]