Just curious if anyone else has experienced a problem with the rear park assist sensors activating abnormally. The day after purchasing my 2019 Sierra SLT plus, I noticed that the rear right sensor would falsely alarm signaling that I was inches away from a collision. On visual inspection there was nothing there. This would happen in wide open parking lots and fields. Car was immediately take back to dealer who felt like it would be minor fix. I also noticed that other sensors began to have the same problem and would falsely signal. This was also accompanied by info telling the Park assist has been turned off even though I did not manually turn off. Took back to dealer and they felt like the module needed to be reprogrammed and did so. Still no fix.
Has been back to dealership 4 times for this problem with the module being reprogrammed twice and replaced once. The sensors have also been replaced. I have contacted GM customer service and they have advised not to drive truck for fear of collision if I ignore the warnings thinking that they are false since it only happens intermittently.
I have asked for a buyback but GM has so far declined. I have given them a written ultimatum and if no response will turn over to attorney. This is going to take some time but I feel I will win in the long run. I would like my truck fixed and would be open to suggestions as to a cause to avoid a lengthy process as my truck is only now 2 months old. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks