who needs injectors, Propane conversion

Yeas first that is a older 6.0 standard injection. And we where playing with these test trucks in 2001 at GM and also ford contractors. Same setup. It was at the time decided it was a waste. Lost cargo space and safety issues. It all boiled down to is it worth it. Answer is only in fleet trucks that don't need cargo space. Like a long distance hauler or even a 5th wheel set up. Then the concerns of up keep. Note that that engine is still used in the 2500 gas model today. Why...because it is good,cheap, and super easy to fix.
We have installed, then blown up then replaced that whole motor in a truck in a day. All for a few hundred dollars. You can change injectors on the side of the road with a 1/4" socket set.
If this was done on di engine it would still be gas dependent and there is the issue.
I love our gen V engines but when you stop and really look at all the crap. DI,VVT,AFM,DOD, DECO,SLIP,......ect....it is all to meet gov regulations and mpg claims. Not to drive down price or increase reliability.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i notice thier system uses a solenoid on each port, i would prefer the old style mixer system , all you nee to control is spark via ecu. I'm sure one could get by on 2 small forklift fuel tanks, that big tank looks overkill for cruising around town on..