Simple sub install

So I just bought a 2019 Silverado (New body style) LT crew cab. I'm looking to do just a simple sub install on my factory sound system (not Bose.) The main question I have is wiring the battery (since there's the weird fuse on top) and can I use just a regular loc tapped into the rear speaker wires and not a dsp?

Yes the factory sub kit $600 gives all the instructions to do just that, I would follow the same instructions to do a non factory sub. I think someone uploaded the factory sub instructions to this forum. The battery go to port 1 far front left side use a fusible link just a ring terminal. There is a nipple on the firewall behind the battery, cut the tip off it goes straight through to the passenger floor board. The speaker wires are behind the kick panel passenger side. I have the Bose mine were yellow and yellow black, I think (check on this) yours a brown and brown black. Huge channel to run cables to the back under the kick panel.

51 minutes ago, Brandon Adams said:

I was trying to go without spending the $600 on the Kicker.

He is just telling you to use the same instructions, that come with the kit. You dont have to use the kit but the process is the same.

• Like 1