Lower control arms

Hey fellas,

I've never used a forum before so I'm giving it a shot. 

I'm rebuilding the entire front end of a '96 gmt400 chevy k1500 5.7l and I've run into what I now know is THE snag of the rebuild. I cant get the lower control arms anywhere. So I hope to salvage some good ones and replace bushings. 

The problem I have;

When I look up the bushings they have different sizes all in the 40-45mm range. Is there an efficient way to find what size i need? Is the size difference compensated for by compression of the various materials?

The truck was in an accident last winter. They may not 'need' to be replaced... but I want to for my sanity sake because every other part will be new.

Any and all help is appreciated. I'm an engineer at heart but this is my first major vehicle repair.

Edited by Nox
Punctuating

i did a complete rebuild on my 98 a few months back , got all moog parts from summit racing , i replaced steering box and all parts in front end cost about 850.00, you cannot buy new lower control arms , you have to get used, junkyards do have them , and offerup , and craigslist have them if you need them , i think the uppers are two lengths , but lower are not , ( i could be wrong on this ).mine needed replacing cause they were 21 yrs old and i bought new tires, and couldnt align it, because everything was too loose. check with summit , they gave me the exact ones i needed and everything fit perfectly.

i keep thnking i posted this last night, oh well. 

Edited by Brian Lindsey