Problem locking and unlocking truck

I've noticed the last few days i've had some trouble locking and unlocking my truck. Sometimes when I try to lock with FOB it locks but then unlocks quickly. Also when I have tried to unlock it with FOB it immediately locks back up. Usually hitting the lock button in either situation seems straighten it out and I get it to do what I want. A few times I have unlocked and the horn starts doing this short beeping sequence as if the theft detterent system has been activated. I start the truck up and it stops. I have also had it one time where theft detterent system has went off just by unlocking the door with the FOB and opening the door. Anybody have any idea what is going on here?

Edited by RBSilvy85

2 hours ago, RBSilvy85 said:

I've noticed the last few days i've had some trouble locking and unlocking my truck. Sometimes when I try to lock with FOB it locks but then unlocks quickly. Also when I have tried to unlock it with FOB it immediately locks back up. Usually hitting the lock button in either situation seems straighten it out and I get it to do what I want. A few times I have unlocked and the horn starts doing this short beeping sequence as if the theft detterent system has been activated. I start the truck up and it stops. I have also had it one time where theft detterent system has went off just by unlocking the door with the FOB and opening the door. Anybody have any idea what is going on here?

It sounds like you have an issue of some sort.

Usually when the remote start will not work, the truck is telling you there is a problem, it is a safety feature.

Maybe check for codes, change the remote battery, and go from there. 

For my truck, when the rods for the manual lock/unlock weren't sliding easily (P.O. bent them slightly), the power lock would try to lock, then unlock right away (both using the power lock button or the fob).  I think it also does it if the door is only partially closed, sometimes it gets just right and does this lock/unlock thing.

Well I changed the battery in the FOB and just experienced it again when unlocking my truck the horn started beeping as theft detterrent system was activated. Im starting to lean towards the truck battery. No other weird signs, but I did have the original battery die in November and I replaced it again in June as the battery was defective or so says advanced auto. Im beginning to wonder if it could be alternator. Going to check voltages later, but if that checks out good i may just pull negative terminal to hopefully reset things.

Battery sat at 13 volts with truck off. Don't think this is a battery issue. I really hope this doesn't turn in to an expensive electrical issue but I get the feeling it is heading that way.

I'm having a similar issue with my truck. Go out in the morning and have to use the key to unlock the truck then most times the key fob, either one, will work. Also getting a message that the TPMS needs service. The module for both of these systems was replaced in January this year. It's an intermittent thing which is making it difficult to rediagnose. Any ideas?