Wipers on a 2017 silverado

Hello, I have a 2017 Silverado. It was 41k on it so just out of warranty. The wipers quit working. When you lift them off the windshield they work great. Lay them down and nothing. I’ve replaced the blades, motor, and the top of the fuse box pannel. After 3 days of trying everything I can think of it’s at the dealer. Hard to believe they can’t / won’t help me with this as new as it is. Anyone have any similar issues with 2017 wiper blades? I’m sick over it. Ready to be done with chevys . They are all I’ve ever bought since I was 16. But crap like this leaves a bad taste

That's bizarre but, it's a computer controlled mechanical item so unfortunately cars can be really infuriating these days. I am not surprised that the dealer isn't willing to work for free, they get paid for warranty work by GM it's not something they just provide to you... Sorry your having issues but, I think your expectations are a bit amiss about the dealer 'helping' you... I do find it disappointing  that the wipers aren't working on such a new truck though and I hope you can find a quick cheap fix..

The puzzling part is that they will move if lifted from the glass, but not when down.

There isn't a sensor that tells them if they're lifted or not, it's purely mechanical there.

If you turn the switch on while they are against the glass, have you tried helping the motors along by trying to move the wipers by hand?

My only other guess would be that there is a short somewhere, reducing power to the wiper motors such that they move under essentially no load and won't when one is applied.

You said you replaced the motors. I would try this.

Take your old wiper motors and cut off the pigtails. Strip a little insulation off of the wire ends.

Plug these into the truck, and use a multimeter to look for power when the switch is turned. You should see 12-14V pulsing at the frequency of how the wipers would move. If you're seeing good voltage, idk what to tell you. Something is physically sticking the blades to the glass.

If you're getting low voltage, you have a short somewhere sapping the power.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk