Park assist in 2020

Has anyone noticed that the park assist in the 2020 is not very sensitive compared to earlier models???  I have to be practically on top of a car in from of me for it to give me a warning.  My 2017 would start to warn at about 5' and then Id get more warning bars the closer I got.  The 2020 is PA is terrible.  Unless its just my truck.  Does anyone notice a difference?

2020 Manual says 4ft for front and 8 ft for rear. 

Park Assist
With Front and Rear Park Assist, as the vehicle moves at speeds of less than 8 km/h (5 mph) the sensors on
the bumpers may detect objects up to 1.2m (4 ft) in front and 2.5 m (8 ft) behind the vehicle within a zone
25 cm (10 in) high off the ground and below bumper level.

These detection distances may be shorter during warmer or humid weather. 

Front system doesn't give the 'first detection beep' that the rear system gives:

When an object is first detected in the rear, one beep will be heard from the rear, or both sides of the Safety Alert Seat will pulse two times. When an object is very close —<0.4m (1.5 ft) in the vehicle rear or <0.3m (1 ft) in the vehicle front— a continuous beep will sound from the rear or front depending on object location, or both sides of the Safety Alert Seat will pulse five times. Beeps for FPA are higher pitched than for RPA. 

Got may curiosity up now so 'll verify next drive, but I often park the '18 nosed against a wall, and use the visual aid from the front park assist -- and I don't think there are any beeps when I do this.  Usually stop when there is still one bar on the graphic that is not lit.

I checked the 2018 manual for comparison and it lists the same 'active' distances as the '20 manual.  (4 ft front and 8 rear, from below bumper down to 10" high) .  Also indicates the same first detect and very close warnings as the '20.

• Like 1

I noticed that the front sensors didn't detect a tree by the front bumper corner until I was fairly close to it. I don't have much experience with front sensors and expected them to react the same as the rear sensors. Just something to be more cautious with.