Step Assist Install on clean surface?

I recently had my truck rustproofed with Corrosion Free (similar to Fluid Film in texture and velocity).  Driving with it for about 2 weeks and it has collected a very minor dirt, sand, grass, etc sticking to the rustproofing.  It’s not a very noticeable amount unless you crawl underneath the truck and stare at the areas that have been sprayed and pick out the minor dirt it’s picked up.  

I had step assists installed yesterday at the dealership and I had mentioned to the service adviser if it was necessary to wipe the mounting areas on the inner rocker where the hardware for the step assist were to go.  He said sure, he’ll tell the mechanic to wipe the area. 

Anyway, I left the dealership in a hurry to pickup the kids and then crawled under the truck.  Didn’t seem like they wipe anything.  I can see the rustproofing buildup around the edges of the hardware as if it was squeezed out from between the rocker and mounting hardware.  

My question is, will the light dirt (or sand or whatever crude) cause that area underneath the mounting hardware to rust?  Like I said it was not caked on dirt or completely covered in sand.  At first glance it looks clean.  But if you run your fingers through the rustproofing, you can feel grit. 

Should I return to the dealership and have them take the step assists off, wipe the area and mount it back on?  Is it too little dirt to care about?  There is rustproofing in between there.  

Sorry if this question seems ridiculous.  First truck.   Plan to keep the truck 10-15 years.  Live in Canada, lots of salty roads.  Never took rust seriously until I bought a 60k truck.