TPMS Compatibility

wagerja

I had a tire shop try to tell me the stock GM TPMS from a set of 2015 2500 wheels are not compatible with my 2017 2500... Because the TMPS are linked to the VIN # ??? and sell me TMPS at $71 a pop...

I smell a rip off, but I'd like some feed back before I tell them to GTFH

Edited by wagerja

A tad off topic, but I cannot find an answer...

My owners manual says I should find TMPS as an option in the DIC, but its not there, nor does it list an option to add it. Help!?!

2015 Silverado High Country 3500 Long Bed

Not VIN specific.  Can be learned to any truck.  You have to make sure the frequency is the same, either 315mhz or 433mhz. 

Check your glovebox sticker for the RPO code for the frequency.  XL7 = 315mhz, XL8 = 433mhz.  Compare the frequency of your truck to the frequency printed on the sensors they have.  If its the same, grab them. 

Edited by newdude

16 minutes ago, Dr Burns said:

A tad off topic, but I cannot find an answer...

My owners manual says I should find TMPS as an option in the DIC, but its not there, nor does it list an option to add it. Help!?!

2015 Silverado High Country 3500 Long Bed

3500hd prior to 2020 do NOT have TPMS, as its not required over 10,000gvwr.  It was only available if the truck was ordered with the GVWR de-rate to 10,000lbs.   

Edited by newdude