1999 Silverado 2500 HD Leaf springs

Hello, I have a 1999 Silverado HD 2500 with the 6.0. Kind of a goofy year to look for parts sometimes.

I need to replace the rear leaf spring but would like to put something a little heavier back in, maybe 1 ton leaf springs. What are my options for leaf springs?  Can I use leaf packs from a 01 and newer 1 ton or maybe even older?  Or are the leaf springs for this model specific or will just about anything bolt up?  Thanks 

You sure your truck is a HD? They made a regular duty 2500 back then. Its similar to the 1500HD made a few years later.

Heavier duty springs will make the ride horrendous, and make traction a thing of the past.

If you aftermarket and put in a "original" rating spring, it WILL have a higher arch and be rated for more than the original.

Unless you have a constant load in the bed, I would try to get a good used set. A junk yard can tell you what fits with their Hollander manual.

• 2 weeks later...