gauge cluster problems

i have a 2003 silverado 1500 and i am having gauge cluster problems,my cluster works perfectly fine but my  problem is whenever it rains out my cluster doesnt work,and it turns back on later in the day when it dries out,also whenever i go out to my truck in the morning after it rains the dash info center is frozen stuck even though i dont have the keys in the ignition,i cant figure the problem out

I’ve had cluster issues with my 2005 Tahoe myself but not related to rain ?

I replaced my cluster a few years back. Worked great, but I’ve been experiencing a new issue of it blowing heat when I have the A/C on. Shut the truck off, restart, A/C then blows cold. Weird.

If I were you, I’d check for interior dampness on your floorboard. You may have a windshield / pillar water leak ?

Next check your dash sensor that it is unabstructed by dirt or blocked by objects so it informs properly daylight and temps etc. Other than that, these clusters can be diagnosed and repaired but the cost kinda makes it smarter in the long run to replace it, and they aren’t cheap either !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/16/2019 at 10:18 AM, SunShine01 said:

I replaced my cluster a few years back. Worked great, but I’ve been experiencing a new issue of it blowing heat when I have the A/C on. Shut the truck off, restart, A/C then blows cold. Weird.

The AC problem sounds like one I had with my 05 Suburban.  The problem wasn't the cluster.  There is a sensor that has a contaminate on it that randomly causes the AC to blow warm.  It will blow warm until you shut it off and restart, then it is instantly back to cool.  Take it in have AC tech replace the sensor.  If I recall right it was a $400 fix because of how hard it is to get to the sensor.

Sorry for going off topic.