Recirculation Door Calibration

John Kochanowski

Question

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

I'm trying to do a calibration of the Recirculation Door Actuator. I've seen comments and videos suggesting I remove the HVAC/ECAS 10A fuse. Unfortunately I don't see that fuse anywhere in the fuse diagram! Does anyone have an idea on which fuse to pull based on this diagram OR direct me to some other hidden spot where this particular fuse is found? I'd hate to think that it is staring me in the face and I'm just not seeing it.

https://imgur.com/a/Ii7ZUKo

I'm only seeing the 10A AC fuse and the 30A FRT HVAC / 30A RR HVAC fuses. Am about to pull the 10A AC fuse but am guessing that is probably for the AC Compressor.  

Any insights are much appreciated!

IMG_2401.jpg

2 answers to this question

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

I'm trying to do a calibration of the Recirculation Door Actuator. I've seen comments and videos suggesting I remove the HVAC/ECAS 10A fuse. Unfortunately I don't see that fuse anywhere in the fuse diagram! Does anyone have an idea on which fuse to pull based on this diagram OR direct me to some other hidden spot where this particular fuse is found? I'd hate to think that it is staring me in the face and I'm just not seeing it.

https://imgur.com/a/Ii7ZUKo

I'm only seeing the 10A AC fuse and the 30A FRT HVAC / 30A RR HVAC fuses. Am about to pull the 10A AC fuse but am guessing that is probably for the AC Compressor.  

Any insights are much appreciated!
IMG_2401.thumb.jpg.e38fa3a71be4d44117022ff973f63be9.jpg

Why do you think they need to be recalibrated? They do that on their own when the vehicle is switched on. Does one not function? If so, calibration won’t fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/18/2019 at 12:07 AM, Justin101714 said:

Why do you think they need to be recalibrated? They do that on their own when the vehicle is switched on. Does one not function? If so, calibration won’t fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Research suggested that my heating issues may be related to the actuators being "off track" or broken. A quick, simple, no-cost fix would be to follow a series of steps to reset the actuators IF it were a problem. You are correct, the actuators do reset on startup. However, it was suggested that a "hard-reset" MIGHT resolve an out-of-whack actuator.

In the end, my issue seems to have been a stuck thermostat... a much easier problem to resolve than pulling the dash. Interestingly enough, the heat didn't appear to function fully until AFTER I stepped through the process of pulling the correct fuse... which was in the cabin's fuse panel. Not sure if the reset was totally necessary but wife is happy she has heat.