Factory to factory radio swap

I’m sure this has been posted somewhere but I can’t seem to find exactly what I need to answer my question. 

I have a 2016 Silverado that came with the LT small 4 inch screen for the radio and I picked up a nice bigger screen factory from a 2018. Everything fits perfect and the radio works but there is no display and I haven’t even attempted to hook up the DVD player. I don’t have controls on the wheel. Do I need an adapter or something to make the new radio jive?

0582687F-4052-404D-9982-F35346BF0EFE.jpeg

F85F4825-BA0A-43E5-80C7-89994E11D85F.jpeg

Edited by Fiestafrog
Add picture

If it is an IO5 or IO6 radio, you need an HMI module and programming. Three pieces, radio, screen and hmi mod. Plus cabling. You can send the radio and hmi out to get programmed. It's just that dealers are unable to do it. Search this site. There are lots of discussions on this topic. Including contact info for programming.

Were you able to locate the module? From what I saw and talking to the dealer, there is 3 pieces. Screen unit which you have that is pictured, the receiver, and the disc player. Dealer buys from 3rd party and requires a core. Roughly all 3 cost $1k..  I have a 2015 and I would like to do the same thing.